Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ribbon Organization

I love organizational ideas.  I love trying new organizational ideas....seriously.  Susan and I have decided that somtimes we think we enjoy organizing our supplies more than we enjoy using them! :)  Ribbon oranization has been a tough one or me.  I love ribbons.  I love the texture that ribbons and fibers add to pages and cards.  I have tried numerous ways of organizing my ribbons.  I've tried having each ribbon in a small baggie - takes up a lot of room.  I've tried keeping it on the spool and organizing on dowel rods - I wound up with tails of ribbn hanging down all over my wall.  I've tried wrapping the individual ribbons around popsicle sticks - that was okay but not great.  I've tried wrapping around floss cards and storing in plastic floss boxes.  Can't even remember why that one didn't work for me.  I had my ribbons organized by color and stuffed into glass jars.  That was too hard to work with because the piece I wanted was ALWAYS on the bottom. 

Anyway, I think I have finally found a system that is working for me.  It is made by Best Craft Organizer and  can be found at http://www.bestcraftorganizer.com/.  I have about a dozen of the trays and each tray has six tubes.  Each tube holds six selections.  If your purchase the initial kit, you will get the winder, which is very easy to use.  I love that I have all of my ribbons organized by color and can just pull it rght out without having to dig.

1 comment: