Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ceramic Bunnies

Susan (aka GQ), Christine, Holly and I went to a Pottery Painting session a few weeks ago.  I wanted to do something special for Easter so I chose these two little bunnies.  One is the Mom and one is the Baby.  Painting pottery is not something that I do well at all.  I kept slathering on the paint but because I was using a very neutral color, you couldn't even tell that my pieces had paint on them.  We had to leave them for a week so that they could be glazed and fired.  I fully expected my pieces to come back looking naked....shiney and naked!   But to my surprise, the color came out in the firing process. 
These will go in AngelCake's Easter basket from Grammy and Grampy.  Shhhhhhh!  It is supposed to be a surprise for her -:) 

2 comments:

  1. GQ here... :)
    I think your bunnies turned out great! It was so much fun...more fun than I expected. We need to do this again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunnies are nice. I have my sisal bunnies that my hubby gave me out for Easter decor in hopes that the Easter Bunny will leave me a solid chocolate bunny.

    ReplyDelete