Friday, July 22, 2011

Quick Update

AngelCakes other grandmother, Mimi, came to relieve me for a couple of days so I got to come home last night.  Brooke did very well with her surgery and recovery is going well, too.  She is still in pain, but the doctor said that is to be expected because a nerve can't heal itself that quickly.  She is still taking pain meds and is not allowed to pickup anything that weighs over 10 - 12 pounds.  (AngelCakes weighs 16 1/2 pounds.) 

Until last night, I have been with her since the surgery.  I know why women my age should not have babies - we are too old and tired to keep up!!! :)  AngelCakes is almost crawling.  She is "scooching" and can get around; of course she heads straight for any electrical cord she sees.  I will be stopping by Babies R Us to get a buggy full of child-proofing supplies. 

I'm headed back to her house tomorrow and will probably be there all week.  Until then - I'll be trying to clean my own house where my 4-legged children have tromped in all kinds of fun stuff!

Hope to get back to crafting in a few more weeks.  I'm trying to look at blogs whenever possible although intrnet connection at her house is not good.  She really does live in the middle of nowhere! 

3 comments:

  1. Wishing your daughter a full & speedy recovery and wishing you some time for rest because it is important to look after yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Brooke is doing well. It was good talking to her the other day! I bet AngelCakes is wearing you out...I know how exhausting it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that your daughter is recovering well. Take care

    ReplyDelete