Monday, July 4, 2011

Little Jumper


This weekend I had the time to make a little criss-cross strap jumper for AngelCakes.  I am showing the back view because I like the way the straps criss-cross and I also like that you can see the polka dot contrast lining.  It was relatively simple to make.  One of my biggest sewing nemesis is the button hole.  I have never been able to make them the correct size.  Well, this past Spring I purchased a new Singer sewing machine and the button hole attachment makes it so easy it is ridiculous!  (It also helps if you read the instructions :-).  All you do is put on the button hole attachment, lay the button in the handy dandy slot on the attachment and the machine then knows how large to make the hole.  Who knew???!!!!!  

I haven't tried the jumper on her yet, but I'm thinking it is going to be too big right now.  The pattern is for "infant" and one size fits all.  Hmmmmmm - not too sure about that!  But at least we still have probably three months of hot weather, so she will probably grow into it before the Fall gets here. 

I haven't been sewing too much over the past several years, but with this new machine I hope to get back into it.  I found Simplicity patterns at Hobby Lobby last week for 99 cents each.  These patterns are normally $15 - $17 each (which is crazy).  I bought a pattern for tote bags and one for a shopping cart seat cover (the thing you put in the child seat part of the cart).  I wanted to finish the jumper before purchasing fabric for these projects.  Now I can go get my fabric!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute! I love that fabric and AngelCakes will look so cute in it.
    Glad you picked up that pattern for the tote bag because LORD KNOWS YOU NEED MORE TOTE BAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. Wish I lived closer to you & TenSGal. I'd like for someone to sew me some things and also like to play with all your great cardmaking craft toys. Happy 4th of July!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete