Tuesday, July 12, 2011

At 79

This is a layout I did of my Mom, aka Maw Maw, holding AngelCakes' little foot when she was just over two months old.  This picture really speaks to me because you can see the 79 years in my Mom's hands, and you can see the newness of it all in AngelCakes' foot.  It is a very sweet picture to me.


I used black paper as the background and then about 1/3 piece of black and pink patterned paper for the bottom.  I used a beige lace trim and a black trim, both from Joann's.  The embellishment beside the picture is a flower design cut from Cricut and then a Teresa Collins Blingage clock on top of it.

This may be my last post for a few weeks.  I'm headed out of town for a few days on business and when I return my daughter will be having back surgery to repair one herniated disc and one bulging disc.  I'm planing to totally devote my time and energy to taking care of her and AngelCakes.  So I'll catch up in a few!

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful and so touching. AngelCakes is very lucky to have you for a grandmother. I bet she'll love this picture when she's older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful memory photo & layout. Especially like the photo and the lace trim. Take care on your business trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty layout...I love that photo of your mom's hands and AngelCakes' little teensy foot. It is just so touching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this. The photo brought a tear to my eye - so beautiful. Praying for your daughter and her quick recovery. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete