Saturday, May 21, 2011

What I've Been Up To Lately

Well, it's been even longer since my last post.  I did a quick business trip to Alaska May 10-13 and I was exhausted when I got home.  I left my house at 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning, flew to Seattle, WA for an afternoon meeting and then got up on Wednesday and flew to Anchorage.  It is the daylight season in Alaska now and it is light outside for about 20 hours per day.  I had back-to-back meetings all day on Thursday and then had to get up at 3:00 a.m. Friday morning to start the trip back home.  I got back to my house at about 9:30 p.m. Friday night.  This past week was spent getting ready for the baby shower that Christine and I hosted for Amanda.   I've been working on a few special projects for the shower.  I didn't want to share any photos beforehand, but now I can post a few photos of the items I made.  I made another diaper cake.  I just LOVE making these.  I think they are fun to make, they are practical for the mom-to-be, and they make a pretty center piece at the shower.  I also made favors.  I purchased the little tins from the wedding aisle at Michaels, filled with M & Ms, and made the little rosette to go on top using the Tim Holtz die.  The shower was fun and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  And I can tell you that there is going to be a very well-dressed baby girl in town very soon!!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I liked Alaska when I went on a cruise & day tour there. Would revisit in a heartbeat. Imagine with all the meetings you had there was hardly time for playing tourist. Everything looks so nice for the "sprinkle" shower. Like the ideas. Looking forward to hearing all about the "sprinkle" shower from you, TenSGal & TenSgal's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job and it was so much fun! We did a fashion show for Daddy D and he loved seeing all the cute stuff. Thanks soooo much!!!
    And I loved the little tins, the little teddy bear treats, the diaper cake....every thing you did was just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete