Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Time is Flying

Wow - time is flying.  I haven't posted in over a week and I've barely had time to read my friends' blogs.  As retirement gets closer, my energy level gets smaller.  I get up at 5:00 a.m., leave by 6:15 a.m. and walk back in my door at 5:00 p.m. (or later), feed the 4-legged children and start my evening routine.  I'm just pooped out!  

Anyway, my husband's 96-year-old grandma has decided to move from her house into an Independent Living Apartment.  As such, she has begun distributing some of her items.  One thing that she had always wanted my daughter to have is her good china.  It is Dresden Garland and it is just beautiful.  She purchased it at auction years ago.  She has 12 full place settings, a few odd pieces, and several serving pieces.  So on Sunday we went and carefully packed it and brought it to our house.  Brooke has no where to use it or to store it at this point in time so we are keeping it for her.  I asked her if she minded if I displayed it in my china cabinet and use it.  It is just far to pretty to store in a box!   Today at lunch I went to the Container Store and purchased china storage for my own china and put out the Dresden.  Of course this forced me to dust all of the  shelves in my china cabinet!  I still have stuff all over my dining room table, but the china is in the cabinet and it looks beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. That is absolutely lovely china...how lucky you are to get to "borrow" it for a while!

    ReplyDelete